1. This is always scary.
2. On Tuesday the Twins win the game 10 to 5...but it was 10 to 0 going into the 9th inning. They bring in Baker and proceeds to not get an out. So they go to the bullpen, who can barely get an out themselves. Finally, Nathan has to come in up by 5 with the bases loaded and gets the save (because the tying run was on deck). I can't recall a 10-5 win feeling more like a loss than that game.
3. On Wednesday the Twins beat Oakland 6 to 3, but it felt like a better win than Tuesday's 10 to 5 victory. Go figure.
4. Milton 'Candyland' Bradley needs to learn a game called "Count The Number of Outs."
5. Last week I talked about that time Randy Johnson hit a bird with a pitch. Well, I guess that was some sort dark prophecy for birds.
6. And if that's tough way to lose a game, this takes the cake!
7. You know Mauer, Morneau, and Kubel are all great. But part of me thinks the player the Twins can least afford to lose is Joe Nathan.
8. Remember Torii Hunter?
9. Have rumors of Big Poppi's demise been greatly exaggerated? (Also, Boston...you can quit the curtain calls anytime.)
10. Since Tuesday Justin Morneau is 5 for 22 with 2 Runs and that's about it. Nothing to panic about just yet, but Morneau is more than capable of going into extended slumps and it looks like he's trying too hard to home runs right now. I'm getting a little concerned, but I'm no expert. So take that for what it's worth.