1. Well the Twins couldn't sweep the Indians. I knew they were in trouble in that final game when A) The Twins were going for a sweep and love to pull the Meat Loaf "Two out of three ain't bad" B) Glen Perkins was starting and is also on my fantasy baseball team and C) My fantasy baseball team could have REALLY used a win by Perkins.
2. Perhaps I spoke too soon about the Marlins. (They've lost six in a row.)
3. Two to three years ago I used to take note at how the Twins always do well against the Boston Red Sox. That hasn't been the case lately. This point was emphasized this week when the Twins were blown out in two games on the same day at Fenway. That was ugly.
4. Speaking of the Red Sox, I'm always annoyed by the off the charts hype each Yankees/Red Sox series gets by the national media. However, with each over-hyped series I find myself watching a game or two.
5. I don't know why but I get annoyed by teams that get on a long winning streak when they aren't the Twins (like the Red Sox). I especially get annoyed when that team starts pulling wins out their asses from games they had no business winning (like the Red Sox).
6. Whatever happened to Boof Bonser?
7. Jordan Zimmerman is looking like the rookie phenom pitcher the Natinals are in desperate need of having. Too bad I've ruined his promising, young career by picking him up for my fantasy team.
8. Speaking of which, "Mr. Grand Slam" Alexei Ramirez can thank me for stupidly dropping him. (That's a long story.)
9. I heard a friend of mine say that Jusin Morneau is the least clutch player in baseball. I think that's hyperbole, but he certainly isn't the most clutch player in baseball.
10. For those of you curious about #6:
"The Twins will likely be without pitcher Boof Bonser for the entire 2009 season after doctors discovered partial tears in the labrum and rotator cuff in his right shoulder during arthroscopic surgery on Wednesday."
I probably should've known that.